Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rolling out the Tea Trolley Once Again!

After a delay of many, many months, I am pleased to announce the re-introduction of  "The Tea Trolley",  my  blog dedicated to the sumptuous art of preparing and enjoying afternoon tea.  I want to express my heart-felt appreciation to my dear friend, and blog collaborator, the Paper Princess, creator and author of The Silken Purse, who graciously gifted me with an absolutely stunning banner to crown my new venture.  Even though we are sadly seperated by thousands of Canadian miles, it was so much fun to partner on this project, via long disatnce and internet.  It was ALMOST as fun as spending an afternoon at her lovely Bed and Breakfast on the east coast,  enjoying her precious company, sipping a steaming bowl of splosh and indulging in freshly-baked scones smothered with raspberry preserves and topped with a generous dollop of clotted cream.. (ALMOST, but not quite!)

My vision for "The Tea Trolley" includes the sharing of recipes, table-setting and tea invitation ideas, and so much more.  Come and be a part of our little community. There may even be an opportunity for a cyber-space tea party and a give-away or two!  Our only limitation is the breadth, height and depth of our collective imagination.  How wonderful is that! 

The Paper Princess and I have been blessed immeasurably by the people we have fellowshipped with  over the intoxicating aroma of a finely-brewed cup of tea.    Between the two of us, we have hosted and attended hundreds of tea gatherings, each unigue and memorable.  We invite you to join us at "The Tea Trolley" to glean what you can from our experiences, and to contribute what you will to our tea-sipping community at large.  You are most cordially invited and welcomed!         

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading the lovely tribute that the "silk purse" blog had written omgosh it brought a tear to my eye, you are both so beautiful. I have been on and off the blog for months due to life's little problems but I'm back and just caught up on your posts. you were such a beautiful bride and to be able to say your I do's again that is so special. Congratulations to you both. The tea trolley sounds like fun too. Have a beautiful day! hugs, Jennifer

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hello there Sconce Queen,
Good to see a post! I love your new banner that you and Wanda did.
It is lovely. Looking forward to your next tea party. The only Tea's
I have attended have been at my church and they were divine. Each table decorated differently and gorgeously. Wish I had some pics to share of it. I do love seeing a well set table, and pretty dishes, I just love all of that.
And of Course, delectable looking goodies.
Well, can't wait for your next tea party will be looking forward to it dearie,
Blessings, Nellie

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO SCONE QUEEN,
HOW WAS YOUR THANKSGIVING. I HAVE THOUGHT TIME AND TIME AGAIN ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE THAT SILK PURSE WROTE ABOUT YOU. SUCH A DESERVING TRIBUTE FOR A LADY WHO HAS SO MUCH TO OFFER.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU.
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE